We love reading Dr. Seuss and P.D. Eastman books around our house. So much so, that my 4 year old and 2 year old can recite some of them verbatim. (Which by the way, I find to be one of the cutest things ever; especially when they read with the same rhythm and emphasis on words that my husband and I use when we read to them.) One such book that has been a particular favorite in our house since Liam was little is Go, Dog, Go by P.D. Eastman.
Tonight, as we were sitting around the dinner table and I was waiting for the big kids to finish eating, I rested my face in my hand and closed my eyes. Liam felt the need to immediately recite his version of a page from that great book, which seemed perfectly appropriate to him at that very instant. He yelled, “Wake up! It is time to get going! Go, Dogs, Go!” As I slowly lifted my head, opened my eyes and smiled, I realized that the page from which he recited his quote captures exactly how I feel each morning, when the alarm goes off sometime during the insanely early 5 o’clock hour, and I prepare to face a new day of mothering.
“Get up!”
It is day.
Time to get going.
Go, Mommy, Go!
No comments:
Post a Comment